Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Busy days ahead

The rest of the year is going to be very busy for me.  


Thanksgiving is just around the corner and that means I had better get busy getting the house cleaned up a bit.


We have an RV adventure of sorts planned for the first weekend of December. I'll write more about it when things have been finalized.


Then it will be time for the dreaded Christmas shopping.  I want to find gifts for people that they will love and appreciate.  To me there is nothing worse than just buying something because you feel you have to.


But what to get?  I have no idea.


I  got a sculpture order today.  For a Mandrill , one of my favorite creatures to make. It is from a repeat customer, and she wants it as soon as possible.  That means I start it tomorrow.


I really don't know how people have time to have real jobs!  



7 comments:

  1. I love the Mandrill too. You really do amazing work. I especially loved that huge elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the looks of that Mandrill as well. Nice combination of colors. I'm sure I have seen that face in my morning mirror sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you had that picture, because I had no idea what a mandrill was. I just thought of them as baboons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its nice to buy things for someone when you see it and can say thats so n so it fits who they are.
    I'm sure you will get your order done quickly then you will have time to shop. Me I mostly give gift cards to the grands as you never can buy them what they like. there at that age. And then I make them something to go with the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy shopping!!!..you hit the nail on the head with regards to Christmas shopping though.. I, too always want to find the perfect gift and when I can't?..makes me sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mandrill is so cute! It must be fun to make up your animals, knowing they will go to someone who will love them.

    I give the kids gift cards, and cash to the grands. I sent my granddaughter a ten and two fives for her birthday. When she opened it, my daughter said, "Grammy sent you $20!" Lauren said, "No, it's three dollars." So I guess I need to send one dollar bills for the little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have cut way back on who we exchange gifts with. I also like to find something meaningful.

    There was an interesting post on the RV Dreams forum regarding giving gift cards for local services rather than buying stuff made in China. I thought it was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, or send an email.